Here are the latest updates on Marco Penge and his golf break.
-
Marco Penge has announced he will take time away from professional golf to focus on his health after missing the cut at the PGA Championship at Aronimink. He indicated the need to get his health back to where it needs to be and said he’ll be back soon.[1]
-
Reports across outlets reiterate that the decision followed ongoing health concerns including vertigo symptoms and a recent health scare, with social media posts noting the break as a step to recover before returning to competition.[2][3]
-
Coverage also notes that prior to this break he had been managing a period of reduced form, withdrawing from events like the Myrtle Beach Classic and posting an optimistic message about returning later in the year.[2]
-
Additional outlets summarize the situation similarly, highlighting the combination of health issues and a return-to-competition goal in the near future.[3][4]
-
No official timetable for his return has been provided, but the prevailing message is that he intends to resume playing once his health improves.[2]
If you’d like, I can pull more details from specific outlets or look for any updates since the PGA Championship to confirm current status and any announced return date.
Sources
Marco Penge had big expectations at Aronimink. What happened next and why he's now walking away is a difficult read.
www.dailyclubgolf.comGet the latest Marco Penge news including rumors, updates, analysis and more at FOX Sports.
www.foxsports.comLatest golf news from PGA TOUR, PGA TOUR Champions, KornFerry TOUR
www.pgatour.comMarco Penge, who retained his DP World Tour playing rights at the final event of last season, has been sanctioned after placing bets on multiple tournaments
www.golfmonthly.comMarco Penge is finding a new sense of perspective at the Valspar Championship. The Englishman opened up about how having family in the audience has helped him cope with the pressures of the PGA Tour.
www.yardbarker.comMarco Penge posted a statement Sunday evening and confirmed he was stepping away from professional golf to focus on his health. He signed off with three words: “I’ll be back soon.” The 27-year-old Englishman had just missed the cut at the 108th PGA Championship at Aronimink Golf Club.
www.yardbarker.comEnglish golfer Marco Penge has decided to take time away from professional golf to get his health back on track.The 28-year-old PGA Tour rookie made the announcement on social media after missing the cut at the PGA Championship at Aronimink Golf...
jang.com.pkThe 26-year-old was also handed a £2,000 fine
www.gbnews.comEngland's Marco Penge says he is taking some time away from the sport to focus on his health after missing the cut at the second men's major of the year.
www.golfmagic.com